Thursday, January 15, 2015

POTPOURRI


Potpourri is a bit of this and a bit of that - or dried sweet-smelling things stuffed into a fabric bag.
This potpourri is a bit  of this and that in photo form. Hope you enjoy!


Every year I have someone take a picture of me near some Christmas decos - me wearing something red - and I send it by e-mail to lots of people - as my Christmas card. This is Christmas 2014 - taken at
Fran's, my upstairs neighbor/friend, in front of her Christmas tree, Santa, angel and an almost-empty bottle of wine.



For fun, I decided to send a "Happy New Year" picture, also. (I want you to know that this is a posed
picture! I am not inebriated)!!! Fran and I went to the Olive Garden for dinner on January 30th, then came back here for Kahlua and cream. Notice I am still wearing red!


When I was in my mid-twenties and Matt was 3-4 years old, we lived in Livonia, MI. Joel, my husband, bought me this car, used and not looking near as pristine as this photo. Matt and I would toddle around, having a lot of fun in our little Sportsie, which is what we called it. Years and years
later when I was in my late 70's, I was getting gas here in Sylvania and I saw a car like my Sportsie. I found the driver/owner inside the station and asked him about his car. It is a Nash Metropolitan and I went to The Google to check it out. That's where I got this picture. Would sure like to have this car!




Incidentally, I have already posed for my 2015 Christmas picture - after extensive
re-construction surgery. (How many of you know who this is?)


I have a Bucket List and one of the things on my list is - Put a purple streak in your hair. It took me quite awhile to talk my hairdresser into doing it for me. (See hairdresser below).


This is Keith, who has been cutting my hair for over 20 years. When he was a young man, just starting
out in the "beauty parlor" (that's what we called it years ago) business, I worked with his mom, and his sister was my babysitter. I have decided to do another streak next summer and have a bigger and wider streak. This one was hard to see as it was on the top of my head. I will put the new do in a blog this summer.


Now……. look at the picture…..read the caption……and make the connection!*See answer below.


Last, BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST, this is my apartment neighbor, Fran. We have
become friends over the years - we enjoy eating dinners with each other - or maybe just having a glass of wine and chatting. Fran is the one who takes such good care of our yard.

*Moo - The booties are cows and cows say "moo".
  Shoe - When we get older we wear shoes (not booties)
  Pork - What do we call the meat from a pig?





3 comments:

  1. good potpouri column, dear Judi. great photos. funny stories. great memory of your "Sportsie." (what a cute car!!) you know my hair is now gray, so maybe I'll consider a purple streak later. your photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi, Hello from Jan, Fred and Kari
    Would love to hear from you, email us at fstutz1@yahoo.com, Jan

    ReplyDelete